Saturday 4 June 2011

Big problem with UXtheme.dll?

Hi, I wanted to change my vista theme to a different one, so I followed the guide on win matrix. After I had the patched file in the correct directory, I rebooted, but when I start up and log in again, I just see a black screen and my cursor. Explorer.exe doesn%26#039;t work (at all), and ive tried taking control of the file (with cmd.exe), but when I try to rename it or delete it (still using cmd.exe) It says access denied. All I can open so far is: Task manager(only about 4 processes running), Command prompt, and the %26#039;choose a program to open this file%26#039; box when I tried to open uxtheme.old with cmd. Thanks.





Note: If anyone could tell me how i can get to control panel that would be great too. |||get an unpatched copy of uxtheme.dll, (download it, use google, or get a friend to email it to you) whack it on a usb, boot to safe mode, then overwrite the patched file.





BTW, this is the correct thread for patching vista


http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.ph鈥?/a>