Saturday 4 June 2011

Really tough virus...need hosts file help.?

So I got a horrible virus about 2 months ago and I was able to remove all of it. Now the problem is with my hosts file. It%26#039;s not in my etc folder. I have show hidden files on, but it%26#039;s still not there. If I run notepad as admin I can navigate to my etc folder, manually type %26quot;hosts%26quot;, and get it to open. I see that google, yahoo, and every other search engine you can think of has been redirected. If I try to save it, it says that it cannot be made and to check the path. If I save it as a text file, then remove the extension it will say that a file with name already exists and makes the name %26quot;Hosts (2).%26quot;





Obviously there has to be the file already there, but when I open the command prompt (as admin) and try to delete the file there it says it can%26#039;t be found(and yes I had the directory right and I typed everything correctly)





How can I change this?|||col shut your computer completely down and then redo your settings on your computer and see what is in the file then