Saturday 4 June 2011

I'm unable to log into Windows XP after certain Viruses/Trojans infected my computer. Please help!?

A couple of windows popped up and installed SMSS32.EXE, HELPER32.EXE, 41.EXE %26amp; IS15.EXE into my system32 directory. They blocked the task manager from opening, displayed a red circle with an X in it next to the Windows clock and changed the desktop to green with a virus alert of sorts written in the center. I went into MSCONFIG and found SMSS32.EXE in the startup list and disabled it. Then I went to restart Windows and while usually Windows does not display a logon screen, since there%26#039;s only one account, it did display one this time. I clicked on the account to log on. It sais %26quot;loading settings%26quot; but then, instead of going to Windows, the screen refreshed and it then said %26quot;saving settings%26quot; as though I just logged out again. So I%26#039;m guessing whatever malware I have is blocking logons.





Well, I ran Recovery Console from XP CD, went to the command prompt and deleted all the files listen above from the system32 directory. I had hoped that as a result I%26#039;d be able to log in and fix my computer with the info I found online (from a different computer). But I still can%26#039;t get past the logon screen.





How can I get into Windows to fix things? I don%26#039;t know how you can bypass the logon screen. I tried going through SafeMode. Help! lol





Thanks! :)|||run your windows xp disc over the xp operating system but do not do a format ! or you will loose all your files/data


or try to fix your boot options by typing C:\FIXBOOT in dos prompt if you choose repair option in windows recovery


after you recover everything you need do a format|||Your going to have to reboot the system!





but before you do this go into a store that fixes computers and ask them about it!!! they will help you out.!