Saturday 4 June 2011

How can I access my flash drive in command prompt?

I%26#039;m using a computer with Vista, and the flash drive itself works fine in regular Windows Explorer, but I want to use command prompt to compile source code I have on it. My flash drive is assigned F:, but when i type in





cd F:\java





it just shows the name of the directory I was already in and seems to ignore my command. How can I get it to change directories to the F: drive?|||The %26quot;cd%26quot; command only moves you between directories (folders) on the same drive


To access a different drive just type in the drive letter without the %26quot;cd%26quot; command: %26quot;F:%26quot;


It should then move to the F drive


Then use the cd command to go to the java folder: %26quot;cd java%26quot;|||Enter %26quot;F:%26quot; by itself to switch the default drive to %26quot;F:%26quot;.





After that, you can enter %26quot;cd \java%26quot; to access the %26quot;\java%26quot; directory.